CDO via GPO
T31178
2009-10-13 14:18:01 UTC
Hi Guys,

I am trying to deploy CDO (Collaboration Data Objects) via GPO to Clients.

Client: Windows XP Pro SP2
Server: Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2

As you can imagine, the installation fails. I get 3 eventlog-entries

Source: Application Management
eventd id: 101, 103 and 108

and the only information I get from the logs, is that the installation fails
due to an error.

But, i can install the CDO trouble-free when I'm logged in.

Does anybody have any idea?

BR
Amir
René de Jong
2010-12-08 10:12:01 UTC
This is because the advertisement sequence is missing in this msi. The advertisement sequence is use by the GPO when depoying software (assign/advertised)
Post by T31178
Hi Guys,
I am trying to deploy CDO (Collaboration Data Objects) via GPO to Clients.
Client: Windows XP Pro SP2
Server: Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2
As you can imagine, the installation fails. I get 3 eventlog-entries
Source: Application Management
eventd id: 101, 103 and 108
and the only information I get from the logs, is that the installation fails
due to an error.
But, i can install the CDO trouble-free when I am logged in.
Does anybody have any idea?
BR
Amir
Submitted via EggHeadCafe